Happy Monday girls! I can’t believe this week is Thanksgiving. I’ll be spending the holiday with David’s family and hopefully do a little Black Friday shopping with his sisters. One of my favorite parts of the entire weekend isn’t the turkey or the overall merriment (though it is enjoyable!) but it’s the opportunity to support small businesses on Small Business Saturday! Other than checking out a few of the Downtown Dallas boutiques and going to the Farmer’s Market, I usually don’t have much time to shop local. If I want something special and unique, I always turn to Etsy! In anticipation for the holiday season starting, I’ve included links to my favorite Christmas Etsy finds pictured above!
- Pine Tree Garland from Felt Witch (link here)
- Illustrated Christmas Cards from A Thing Created (link here)
- Christmas iPhone Case from Rongrong Illustration (link here)
- Holiday Mug from Elm St. Studio Prints (link here)
- Quirky Christmas Light Earrings from Weirdly Cute (link here)
- Texas Christmas Shirt from Mama Essentials (link here)
- Merry Christmas Sign from Daisy and Decor (link here)
- Lighted Christmas Sign from Oskee Rustic (link here)
- Meet Me Under the Mistletoe Mug from Pretty Collected (link here)
Please take some time and go check out these amazing artists’ work! Their shops are fantastic and the perfect way to support and enjoy small businesses all across the country. Whether you need creative Christmas gifts or just want to buy a little something for yourself, you’ll find it on Etsy! Now excuse me while I go fill my Etsy shopping cart with cute things!
Happy Monday everyone! Since Labor Day is kind of like the official end of summer vacation and endless beach days, I figured I’d get a jump start on all the fun fall decorating. Growing up, my mom always made our home so beautiful for autumn. We had a “fall tree” in our dining room all decorated with pretty leaves and twinkly lights. The front steps would always have pumpkins, chrysanthemums, and dried corn stalks arranged nicely for a warm, welcoming entrance. Best of all, a cinnamon-pumpkin candle would always be burning in the kitchen when you walked in. These are the things memories are made of! In my own home/apartment, I want to make the same lovely memories!
I love browsing Etsy for unique decorative items. Some of my favorite things are instant download printable artwork. I buy several frames at Michael’s and then download pretty seasonal art to put in them and then switch out for the next season. This is probably the least expensive decorating tip I have! Anyway, for fall Etsy didn’t disappoint. Between adorable pumpkin spice latte mugs and “hocus pocus” tees, I think everyone can find something to suit their fancy here! See something you like in the picture above? See below for a direct link to the Etsy shop and product!
- “Pumpkin Spice Y’all Campfire Mug” – Lexington Lettering
- “Hello Pumpkin Mug” – Pretty Collected
- “Morning Pumpkin Mug” – Leya’s Vinyl Words
- “Pumpkin Spice Mug” – Do Take It Personally
- “Pumpkin Spice Everything Nice Mug” – Logan and June
- “Pumpkin Spice Mug For Fall” – Let Love Flourish
- “Fall Essentials Mug” – Scribble Studio
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Travel Mug” – Sweet Water Decor
- “Let’s Stay In and Watch Hocus Pocus Tee” – Moss and Crown
- “Fall Glitter Monogram Shirt” – Dream Thread
- “Pumpkin Spice Fall Sweatshirt” – The Lavish LEO
- “Happy Fall Y’all Banner” – A Party in a Bag
- “Gold Autumn Leaves” – Autumn Weddings
- “Fall Burlap Banner” – Sunshine at Heart
- “PSL Season” – Kara Ashley Shreeve
- “Pumpkin Spice Printable” – Pretty Plus Paper
- “Coffee Break Watercolor” – Make Things Co.
I always do my best to support small businesses like these and they have such cute things anyway! Definitely browse their shops for more if you get a chance! Happy September!
Hello pretty friends! Recently, I’ve been doing nothing but browsing Etsy for fun home decor items, particularly digital downloads of pictures I can frame to put on my walls. There are so many talented and creative people out there and I’m amazed by what they come up with! Below I’ve selected a few of my favorite shops with links to them so you can take a look at the cute stuff they sell!
Also, Spike the Punch generously gave me a discount code to share with you all for 25% off anything in her shop! Use code WITTYNPRETTY to get the deal! She has the most adorable things for sale like this Coco Chanel print below!
Paper Storm Prints
Macarons and Mimosas
Enjoy the fabulous art from these amazing girls!!
Happy Thursday friends! It has been over two weeks since I wrote anything and frankly I’ve been itching to start blogging again. As you can probably tell, my blog has gotten a fresh new face! The installation and design of it has taken roughly 3 months and the blog had to be disabled for a few weeks so that my web designer could implement the changes.
This change has been in the works for over a year, it just took me a little kick in the butt to get started. It’s a massive undertaking and an expensive one! However, every article I read and professional blogger I talked to said that if you want to take your blog to the next level, you need a customized website. I spent several months scouring the web trying to find someone who could do a beautiful job and do it on a budget.
I got the idea to look on Etsy for someone who could at least teach me how to install a new theme and find a hosting company. What I ended up getting was even better! I selected Gatto Creative Design after talking with the brilliant mind behind it- Cat. She understood what I wanted and knew everything I didn’t about web design. Better yet, her prices were well within my budget!
After hiring her, it was several weeks of going back and forth over what I wanted in terms of features and color schemes. She helped me choose colors that would work together and look professional. Before the overhaul, my blog looked rather generic and didn’t do much to showcase my writing or personality. Now, I feel like it captures everything I love and gives me a new start on my blogging adventure.
Like many fashion/lifestyle bloggers, I blog because its fun but I also aim to make a living doing it someday. The scariest part of that statement is the “make a living” part. I have no idea if that dream will ever come true, but everyday I wake up and try harder than the last so I have a fighting chance. I hope you do the same! Enjoy the new design! Leave me comment with your thoughts!