Happy Friday everyone! I’ve been counting down to the weekend for a million reasons but largely because my paycheck hits my bank account and I can do a little retail therapy! Wahoo! The temperatures have been dropping a little recently and I’ve been breaking out a sweater here and there but my closet would definitely appreciate a few more hanging inside. That and some new boots!
I’ve always had a hard time figuring out what my style is when it comes to fall fashion. I love classic cable knit sweaters and duck boots but I’m also a big fan of the slouchy, off the shoulder sweaters and over the knee boots everyone wears. A bit of preppy, a bit of on trend! I think that’s the best part of personal style, you can do it all or none of it if you want to!
Shop the Post: Pumpkin Spice Mug | Pumpkin Spice Hat | Orange Dooney & Bourke Bag | Pumpkin Spice Tee | Tartan Skirt | Sperry Duck Boots | Levi’s Skinny Jeans | Yellow Knit Sweater | Blue Sweater | Green Sweater | Orange Sweater | Leather Boots | Over the Knee Boots | Blanket Scarf
Happy Thursday everyone! Only one more day until Friday, so start making your weekend plans! Friday night, I’m going to watch Hocus Pocus in one of the public parks here in Dallas. I’m bringing a cozy blanket, a picnic basket full of munchies, and of course a big pumpkin spice latte. Speaking of which, one of my favorite things to do after work to relax is sit on the couch with my favorite pumpkin spice latte mug and drink some coffee. Read on for a few of my favorite ways to relax after work!
Ways to Relax After Work
We all have our vices and things that calm us down when we’re stressed or just have had a long day. My days are filled with demands from my job and early mornings. Sometimes I don’t have time for anything other than a protein shake and a big cup of coffee. But when I get home I relax by doing something enjoyable. Here are a few easy ways to destress at home:
- Color in a coloring book (Michael’s has some for under $5!)
- Take a hot bath with fizzy bath bombs
- Sip coffee or tea while spending time with your kitty or pup
- Lift weights and do some cardio to burn off stress
- Paint your nails a festive color for the season
- Sit by a fire and read a book
- Create a new board on Pinterest and pin a few items
- Do some online shopping and buy yourself a little something
Your mental health is so important to the rest of your life! I’ll be totally honest and tell you that in addition to doing some of these things, I also from time to time talk with a psychologist to ease my anxieties. You wouldn’t think people would judge me for that, but you’d be surprised how people react when they find out I talk to a “shrink”. But in my opinion, it’s nothing to be embarrassed by! Sharing your ideas and feelings with another person that will tell you the truth is so beneficial. It’s truly the best stress reliever for me.
If none of these ideas tickle your fancy, a scientifically proven way to fight depression and anxiety is to smile and laugh. For whatever reason, it makes your entire body feel better. I won’t go into the science of it mostly because I’ll totally butcher it, but it works and we all need to smile more. If that’s all you get out of this post, then I’m happy with that!
Happy Monday lovelies! I don’t know about you, but I had a serious case of the Sunday scaries last night. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful beyond belief for a job but there are just some mornings that are rougher than others. Mornings are usually the only time when it’s actually cool outside and I love feeling those brisk autumn breezes in Dallas! We had some cooler weather last week so I thought I’d share this fall outfit with you today. I’m always on the look out for fall style basics and came across this Old Navy tunic that I absolutely love!
For those of you wondering if my earrings are actually pumpkins, they are! It’s a week before Halloween and I intend to wear my juvenile Claire’s jewelry with pride. I thought this black tunic worked really nicely with my multi colored blanket scarf in fall colors. The best part is that the tunic was only $7 on sale! It’s super soft and comes in multiple colors. I bought this black one and a striped red one, which you’ll be seeing a lot of this season, to mix it up a bit. You can find the tunic here!
My photographer/boyfriend took these fun candid shots of me! The wind was blowing and the back of my tunic blew up in the wind a bit. I love that they designed it with a little slit on both sides, it makes this Old Navy tunic so much more flattering! I’m pretty self conscious of my stomach area and anything too tight makes me feel funny. Everyone has something they don’t like about themselves, right?
Get to Old Navy before they sell out of these tops! They’re so affordable and you can wear them with so much. I’m already looking forward to the tunic-quilted vest combo I’ll be rocking when it stays consistently chilly in Dallas. Basic fall style is the easiest thing for me to pull off because it’s simple and doesn’t require me to stand in my closet for 30 minutes trying to figure out what to wear each day. That’s something we can all appreciate!
Hey lovelies! Can you believe it’s already Wednesday? This week is going by so quickly! Supposedly this weekend it’s supposed to be a little chilly here in Dallas. I can’t wait to start wearing my classic fall clothes everyday! My quilted vests, warm blanket scarves, and riding boots are in my closet patiently waiting to be worn. One thing I’ve drug out of there that doesn’t need cool weather to be used is my favorite red Coach purse! It’s the perfect fall accessory and it never goes out of style. Plus, how fabulous are the gold straps?
My closet tends to have lots of neutral colors and then random pops of pink and yellow (Lilly Pulitzer obviously). Having a pretty, shiny bag like this one adds so much to my outfits during the fall season in Dallas. I got it a few years back at a Coach outlet in Florida and it was 75% off so I spoiled myself and bought it! Unfortunately, they no longer make this particular bag but I’ve found a few others that are similar for you! No matter what climate you live in, a red bag is a must-have for your fall accessories! I chose several in a variety of price ranges depending on your budget. You shouldn’t have to spend a fortune to have something cute!
Happy Monday friends! It’s the hardest thing in the world to get up on a Monday morning, particularly after a fun weekend. David and I went down to San Antonio for the weekend to celebrate his sister’s birthday. Frankly, I’m already looking forward to next weekend because I’m so exhausted from this previous one! Every Saturday David and I usually have a date of some sort to just enjoy each other’s company. Sometimes it’s a little difficult to come up with date ideas that we both like though. Surprisingly enough, going to a pumpkin patch doesn’t get him too excited. Knowing that we aren’t the only couple that runs out of date night ideas, here’s a few that you and your man will love!
- Go to a football game! Here in Texas football is everyone’s favorite sport. Being the true Texan that he is, David loves the sport and would like nothing more than for me to enjoy it too. Unfortunately, it isn’t my favorite thing. However, being at an actual game is lots of fun! Head out to your alma mater’s big game and spend it cheering with your man!
- Enjoy Oktoberfest! If you’re a beer drinker, Oktoberfest is probably one of your favorite festivals. Why not go to your city’s event with your boyfriend? You’ll both have fun sampling different German beers and getting your hands on some delicious food!
- Get scared in a haunted house! Nothing terrifies me more than things popping out at me or chasing me, seriously playing tag as a child freaked me out! But it’s kind of fun to get a little scared with your man so he can put his arm around you. There are so many fantastic haunted houses out there this year, you’re sure to find one close by!
- Bake a pie! If you’d rather stay in, try baking an old fashioned pumpkin pie. Throw on a favorite Halloween movie (Hocus Pocus anyone?) and bake a pie from scratch. It’ll be a fun new experience for both of you and certainly something you’ll want to do every year!
- Host a bonfire! Invite your best friends over and do a backyard bonfire. Nothing is more fun or romantic than snuggling up next to a fire with your man! Bring some hot apple cider and marshmallows to roast for a cozy night with friends.
David and I love spending time together but finding things to do is always difficult, especially fall-themed things that don’t involve corn mazes or pumpkin spice lattes. Finding things that both of you enjoy is so important and David and I both hope this little list helps!