Happy hump day lovelies! I’m glad it’s half-way through the week because, well, I like weekends. It’s just that simple. I’m willing to bet that most of you do too. Luckily for me, my weekend starts a little earlier. I’m leaving tomorrow for Massachusetts with my family. You have no idea how much I’m looking forward to seeing the turning leaves up there!
The last time I was in Massachusetts for a vacation was when I was about 5. My parents took me whale watching and to a little historical town called Sturbridge Village. I don’t remember much of the trip so it’s like seeing it all over again for the first time.
Since the family and I will be road tripping from Maryland, we have about 8 hours of nothing to look at so I’ve come up with a few things to put in my road trip survival bag. Throughout my short little life, the family and I have been on many road trips and we’ve exhausted the games “Guess the person” and “Eye spy with my little eye”. I’m just so done. Here’s what’s going in my survival bag.
- Latest issue of Vogue
- Bubble gum (so I don’t eat a million potato chips)
- Travel mug
- Eos lip balm
- Sunglasses (they double as a way to trick people into thinking you’re asleep)
- Ear buds and a travel charger
- Neck pillow
- iPhone loaded with new music
- Trail mix (with lots of M&Ms in it!)
- Portable cooler for carrying chopped up fruit and water bottles
Tell me if I’m forgetting something. Leave me a comment!
The dreaded months of January and February are over and we are ready to celebrate the upcoming spring! For some college students, this means spring break in a tropical climate. As a graduating senior in May, I know all too-well how important these little breaks are. I’ve completed all of my coursework and am only waiting on the ceremony for my graduation to become official, so technically I can’t sympathize too much with currently enrolled college folk. However, I’ll try to contribute in another way! Here’s a few spring break essentials for this year…
- Rompers- These are so easy to wear from day to night with the right accessories! The light weight fabric makes it perfect for traveling. Find this romper here.
- Big hat- I love to make a statement with a big sunhat. They look so classy and serve a purpose as well. This one can be found here.
- Neutrogena sunscreen- If you’re like me, you break out from Banana Boat sun block. I’ve found that Neutrogena has a nice line of products to prevent sun damage. The area I pay close attention to with my sunscreen is my face and neck. Too many burns and you’ll be getting wrinkles!
- Colorful wedges- Bring a pair of wedges in a bright color like these red Cole Haan ones. Pick a color (like red) that will match many different things in your travel closet.
- Tote bag- Bring a tote bag that will carry beach and day necessities. Find one in a bold color (like this one from Kate Spade) and pair it with a neutral outfit.
- Bikini- Don’t forget the most important part of your spring break: the swimsuit! Find great bikinis like this one at J Crew!
Enjoy some sun and sand wherever you may be going! Use that sunblock!
I am a sucker for fashion illustrations. Ever since I saw Inslee Hayne’s cute little designs I have been addicted to finding other artists just like her. My favorite place to look for them is on Etsy! I’ve found so many great sketches and watercolor drawings that just have me in raptures. Lately, I’ve seen many artists sketching cute things like macarons, coffee cups, breakfast, stilettos heels, Chanel handbags, and statement jewelry.
To brighten your Sunday, I’m sharing with you an adorable Etsy store that I found selling the cutest sketches! Surprisingly, they aren’t that expensive either, retailing for about $20 each. I linked each sketch so you can find the drawings yourself and order them. Here are my top picks!
Please share with me some of your favorite Etsy stores so we can check them out! Thanks!