Thank goodness it’s Friday! I figured today would be a good day to post this because I’m sure quite a few of us have messed up on our diets or fitness regiments and will be “starting” again on Monday. To be honest, I haven’t even begun to try and work out or eat healthier again. Like I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I’m still getting settled in my new city!
The apartment I’ll be moving into has a great gym on site and hopefully next week I’ll mosey on over to the gym a few times. I think the most exciting part of starting a new fitness regime is getting to stock your gym bag and buy a few new workout clothes. Is there anything more motivating than new gym stuff? Maybe just the cute bikini you’ll slip into this summer!
What’s in My Gym Bag
- Workout Leggings- The stretchy pants the hit mid-calf are the most flattering in my opinion. I find most of mine at Marshall’s for around $15. Hint: Buy them in prints because it conceals any lumps you might not want everyone to see!
- Gym Shoes- Simple, right? It drives me crazy when I see someone wearing Sperry’s to lift weights. My best tip for getting gym shoes like the Under Armor ones above is to wait for Dick’s Sporting Goods to have their semi-annual sale.
- Deodorant Spray- Dove has a good spray that I like. Before I workout, I spray it behind my knees and around my feet. Other weight lifters appreciate it!
- Water Bottle- Fill it with ice cubes and lemon wedges for a refreshing thirst quencher.
- Weight Lifting Gloves- I love these to prevent blisters, but you have to be sure to wash them often to prevent stink and bacteria!
- Good Sports Bra- Victoria’s Secret makes a few great ones but I’m not paying $50 for something I’ll sweat in. I found the one above in Target and absolutely loved it! It clasps in the back and provides a lot more support. Best part? It’s only $16!
Not pictured: Great anti-chafe cream! When you hit the tread mill, your thighs tend to rub together and get sore. Monistat makes a good chafe cream you can buy at Wal Mart for a few dollars. Leave a comment with what’s in your gym bag!