Christmas is coming! Only a few days left until the big day! I’ve pretty much finished all of my shopping and now I just have to wrap everything. That’s the part that takes the longest. Between cats wanting to sit on the wrapping paper and measuring how much of it you need, it’ll take a few hours. For those of you who still have a few people to shop for like your friends, child’s teacher, or even your hairdresser, I have a few gift ideas that won’t break the bank!
Easy Gifts to Give
Forever my go-to gift for my friends is a pair of fuzzy socks and nail polish. Bath and Body Works usually has really cute socks this time of year and I always find a wide variety of nail polishes at TJ Maxx. Most of the time, I can buy both of these items for under $10 total!
Another Christmas gift I love to give and to get is a candle and pajama set! I buy Pjs at Old Navy because they’re always having sales this time of year. The candles I like to buy from Bath and Body or Kohl’s. If you time your purchase right, both places will have at least half off their candles. This gift will be a little more expensive but you should be able to get it for about $20!
Finally, a great seasonal gift is a mug and hot cocoa kit. I find the cutest mugs at TJ Maxx for under $4 usually! Target also sells hot cocoa gift sets for around $10. This gift works well because it can be for men or women. Finding the perfect mug is so much fun because everyone has different tastes. Hint: Star Wars is big this year and I’ve seen plenty of mugs with Darth Vader on them!
Leave a comment with a great gift you love to give!
In my never ending conquest to find good deals on things I love, places like TJ Maxx have caught my attention and of course, my wallet. I’ve found a ridiculous amount of good stuff at these stores that I would have otherwise bought at Target for twice the price. While I am a Target snob, there are some things I just refuse to pay so much money for. I guess you could say I’m a Target snob on a Walmart budget. Believe me, I hate it too. So here’s 7 things that you can find at TJ Maxx for a portion of the regular price.
- Makeup remover– I don’t put a lot of soaps and cleansers on my face because it breaks me out. Instead, I use makeup remover towelettes. I used to buy them at Target for around $5 for 40 of them. I recently found that I can buy a supply of 90 for between $4 and $5.
- Nail polish– I love nail polish a little too much. Every time my mom turns around I have a new color on and I’m trying to convince her to let me do her nails. I was waiting in the checkout line one day and noticed a bunch of Essie and OPI polishes sitting on a little rack. It just so happened that instead of paying retail prices of $8.99 these were $3.99!
- Snack foods– Last week I found a bag of Boom Chicka Pop for $2.99. At Target they retail for around $5. You can also find things like organic potato chips, granola, dried fruit, coffee, biscotti, and even spices for low prices.
- Coffee mugs– Anyone who knows me realizes that I have a slight obsession with cute coffee mugs. I live for them. Most of my coffee mugs have come from TJ Maxx and were under $4. I’ve also found great travel mugs and these amazing food containers called Sistema for half the retail price.
- Kitchen gadgets– Have you ever found an avocado container? I did and it was really cool! I browse the kitchen aisle like there’s no tomorrow. I never buy anything because this girl can’t cook. However, if you’re looking to stock your new kitchen you’ll more than likely find everything you could want here.
- Gift bags– I refuse to pay $3.99 for a stupid gift bag. That could have been a Starbucks coffee for me. TJ Maxx usually has a lot of gift bags to choose from for almost every occasion at a much lower price. There are some days that I’m tempted to buy a bag just because it’s cute to look at.
- Notecards– Stationary has always been something I liked to stockpile. Not only does it make for adorable letters to send, it also looks great for Instagram photos. Don’t I just think ahead?
Tell me what your best TJ Maxx find was in a comment! I’m excited to hear!