It’s come to my attention that the single girls in the world (and girls that just love to celebrate) have created their own holiday that just so happens to fall on February 14th- Galentines Day. And I’m going to give you a few ideas on how to celebrate!
I think the key to making ‘Galentines Day’ successful is to do (almost) everything you would do with your Valentine and do it with your gal pals. You have a few choices here. Enjoy champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Watch a chick flick. Go to the local market and get some roses. Or you can put on your little black dress with some stilettos and go out dancing with your girl friends! Did I mention both activities require singing and dancing to Beyonce’s ‘Single Ladies’?
For option number 1, here’s what you need:
- Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate.
- Comfy sweats or pjs
- Enough tacky girl movies to last until everyone passes out (think all the old Mary-Kate and Ashley movies)
- A bouquet of pink roses for the centerpiece of your coffee table
For option number 2, you’ll need:
- A little black dress
- Red lipstick
- Ironic ‘Love’ necklace
- Something that sparkles
- Gel heel inserts so you can dance without much pain in your feet
- A Taylor Swift attitude
- A pact with your girls that there won’t be any guys that break up the night (unless he’s really, really cute!)
However you choose to spend the day, remember that being single doesn’t mean you’re alone and sometimes it can be the most exciting time in your life.