Do you ever feel like you just need some time to think and reflect on life? So much has been changing in my life so incredibly fast and I feel utterly unprepared for what lies ahead. As I mentioned in a previous post, I just graduated and in other big news I’m getting my own apartment with one of my friends. It’s a lot to take in! Being the overwhelmed girl I am at the moment, I’m taking some time to chill out and think and write about all of this.
It seems like just when one problem is solved, another one comes up. I guess that’s the thing about life, nothing will ever be perfect but you have to learn to cope with it and keep smiling. I really see value in taking time to process new things in life. I do this in several ways.
- Meditate- whether it be on a yoga mat or in the shower, having solitude to think about life is a really important part of my processing it.
- Lift weights- Not only do you focus your energy on that particular activity, it allows you to exhort pent up negative energy that you often harbor.
- Rest- I like to sometimes just get in bed and lay there. I rarely take naps but sometimes they do so much clear your mind when life has thrown you for a loop.
- Drink Tea- For whatever reason, tea or cocoa seem to solve all of the world’s problems when you need them to. Sitting with a warm beverage in my hand instantly calms me.
Life keeps throwing things at me and I’m hoping I’ll be able to handle them as they come. There’s never a dull moment.
If you’re in the eastern part of the United States right now, then you know its raining like monsoon season in Asia. Since I can’t go outside to chop wood or reseed the lawn (like I’d do that anyway), I’m inside doing some planning and prepping for when I finally move out and get my own place!
I’m focusing on the kitchen and making a list of things I’ll be needing. From utensils and sauce pans to basic mixing bowls, I’ll be buying out all of Williams Sonoma! Given my budget though, it might be more like the housewares section of Target. After looking through my list, I’m noticing a trend: I really only care about buying baking supplies. Quite honestly, I don’t care if I have the supplies needed to steam veggies or grill a steak because neither of those things I’ll ever be doing anyway.
I found a fabulous company called Sur la Table and they specialize in cookware. Their selection of baking products is awesome though! Here are nine things every girl needs in her kitchen.
- Very basic, a stand mixer. My mom got one for Christmas a few years ago and it has been loved and used ever since.
- Measuring cups and spoons. Do I need to explain this one?
- For the messy baker, an apron. Sur la Table has plenty of adorable ones to choose from!
- Simply because they look so cute, a tart pan!
- I love a cute cupcake so these cupcake liners are a must for every cupcake connoisseur.
- Tea towels. I literally can’t buy enough of them, partly because our chocolate lab loves to steal them and run around the house.
- Cookie cutters! Seriously, sugar cookies are for all year round.
- For the love of all things pretty and Paris themed, a cute spatula. It’s a basic for baking right?
- A cake stand. There’s nothing more adorable than a pretty pastry sitting in a glass display.
What’s on your baking basics list? Leave a comment!
Hello loves! I was browsing Instagram earlier and found this adorable “Chanel and Champagne” tee from the Foi Clothing Boutique! It’s $32 right now and I’m so in love with it. I’m calmly resisting from buying it but I feel like my closet needs this cute little phrase in it for some pep in my wardrobe.
I decided I needed to create an outfit around this tee and what I put together surprised me! I would never think to pair a laid back shirt with such a glamorous skirt. Adding Valentino studded heels and a big statement necklace surprised me even more. The Tom Ford lipstick however, was going with this outfit whether it matched or not!
It did get me wondering though, where on Earth would you wear an outfit like this? After thinking about it for awhile, I came up with a short list of places.
- Paris- The fashionistas there would understand this dramatic look and hopefully approve.
- New York Fashion Week- Bold is the new black.
- A glamorous hotel- The Waldorf-Astoria loves their posh clientele.
- One of Los Angeles’ famous restaurants- Consider dropping in Lisa Vanderpump’s SUR restaurant in West Hollywood and give the English beauty queen a run for her money.
- An outdoor, daytime wedding- The look combines both casual and elegant in a unique way, making it appropriate for a daytime event.
- Blogger head shots- The big name bloggers take professional photos of themselves weekly. Why not treat yourself to a photo shoot that you can use professionally (head shots only) and on your blog?
I love dressing up and looking pretty but life doesn’t always hand you opportunities to do. Often, I have to create my own!