Do you ever feel like you just need some time to think and reflect on life? So much has been changing in my life so incredibly fast and I feel utterly unprepared for what lies ahead. As I mentioned in a previous post, I just graduated and in other big news I’m getting my own apartment with one of my friends. It’s a lot to take in! Being the overwhelmed girl I am at the moment, I’m taking some time to chill out and think and write about all of this.
It seems like just when one problem is solved, another one comes up. I guess that’s the thing about life, nothing will ever be perfect but you have to learn to cope with it and keep smiling. I really see value in taking time to process new things in life. I do this in several ways.
- Meditate- whether it be on a yoga mat or in the shower, having solitude to think about life is a really important part of my processing it.
- Lift weights- Not only do you focus your energy on that particular activity, it allows you to exhort pent up negative energy that you often harbor.
- Rest- I like to sometimes just get in bed and lay there. I rarely take naps but sometimes they do so much clear your mind when life has thrown you for a loop.
- Drink Tea- For whatever reason, tea or cocoa seem to solve all of the world’s problems when you need them to. Sitting with a warm beverage in my hand instantly calms me.
Life keeps throwing things at me and I’m hoping I’ll be able to handle them as they come. There’s never a dull moment.
Happy Monday lovelies! I hope your weekend was restful or at least enjoyable. I went to a Baltimore Orioles vs. Red Sox game Saturday and it was crazy! The game went for 10 innings before the Orioles broke the tie and won the game. Red Sox fans were not too happy. Before the game let out, there was an announcement made in the stadium that the Mayor of the city and the police department had closed the stadium gates because protesters were rioting nearby and it wasn’t safe for anyone to leave. A few cars had been damaged and businesses were vandalized but no one was hurt, which is the important part.
Every Monday I wake up with two thoughts: what am I going to wear and do I have to get up yet? No more of this! It isn’t the start to a productive day. I’m probably too regimented in how I like things done, however I’m learning that being prepared for the day makes the morning go much smoother. Here are 5 things that can improve your Monday morning!
- Choose your outfit the night before. Scrambling around, trying to find a necklace to go with your top isn’t the way to do things. When you’re getting ready for bed Sunday night, pick everything out so you aren’t rushed the next day.
- Organize your planner. If you don’t have one, you need to get one. Having your day and week planned out in advance saves you the headache of wondering what’s going on and if you forgot anything.
- Drink a cup of coffee or tea. Drink up for a happy morning! Combine that with some eggs and toast and you’re fueled up for the day. Bonus: you stay slim by eating a good breakfast.
- Put on lipstick. I’m telling you ladies, this just puts the pep in my step! Feeling beautiful on a Monday makes the rest of the week so much better. I have a lot of confidence when I do this.
- Buy fresh flowers. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- flowers bring life to any space. Get some for your bedroom and office to add a little something extra to the area. Mornings are so much easier if you’re surrounded by beauty.
Enjoy your day and smile!