Happy Tuesday everyone! This week is bound to be beautiful for many reasons but mainly because I graduate on Saturday. I can’t wait to walk across that stage and get my diploma. I guarantee I’ll cry tears of joy, after all, I cried enough tears of frustration writing all those papers. My parents and sister are the only ones that can come to my ceremony, I really wish my sweet grandmother could have been here for it but I know she’ll be there in spirit.
I caved to a major sale over the weekend at Brinabox.com. I’ve been eyeing their adorable midi skirts since last fall and they just went on sale for $23.99! I just couldn’t resist anymore, they’re too cute! I chose the blush version of this chic little skirt. It’s due to arrive tomorrow and I’m so excited to try it on and style it. It’s one of those skirts where you can really dress it up or down. I’m going to try and wear a cute tee shirt with it and then also try a printed blouse for a fancier look.
In other news, how adorable is the new little princess’ name? Charlotte is just the cutest name for a little girl! I’m not going to lie, the Duchess pretty much stole both of my favorite kid names (George and Charlotte) but she’s Kate Middleton so I’ll forgive her. I’d still consider using them someday because I’ve loved them since forever!
Have a lovely day and enjoy the sunshine!
Remember that Taylor Swift song “22”? It was popular a few years back when her album “Red” debuted. I’ve been dying to sing this song for the last month because I’m turning 22 next Friday! Being born in the spring is the perfect testimony to the rebirth of nature and beauty that stems from it. April birthdays are the best birthdays!
Because I love the spring so much and my birthday is next week, I created the perfect little outfit to accompany this special event in my life. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I love the midi skirt and graphic tee trend! After Lent is finally over, I’ll be shopping for the perfect spring midi skirt to wear! I’m also all about the statement jewelry. My bestie, Lindsey, bought this gorgeous J Crew necklace and I’ve fallen in love with it. I’m also considering investing in some cute kitten heels. Since I’m around 5’8″, I typically don’t like to wear stilettos because I hit 6 foot and it’s awkward. Any tall girls out there who get what I’m saying?
Anyway, happy early birthday to me! I hope 22 is kind to me. 21 seemed to have a bit of an issue with me. Here’s to another year!
Zoe Karssen Tee
Glam Rose Midi Skirt
Belle by Badgley Mischka kitten heel
J Crew Posey Necklace
Only a few more days until the official start of spring and I’m rounding up a few pieces I’d like to have in my wardrobe for the season! I’m always inspired by what I see on the runway, however I much prefer the outfits and pieces my fellow style-lovers come up with. Fashion comes and goes, but style is forever. The runway only shows the current side of fashion, but the average person takes the fashion and turns it into style.
What I’m Loving for Spring
- Statement necklaces are still in for this season and I’m happy about it. I’ve invested so much in these pieces and still want some use out of them! Incorporate spring colors in the pieces you choose like this mint and pewter colored Bauble Bar goodie.
- Scallop cut pieces are another spring trend I love. I noticed them last spring but didn’t pay much attention. This year, I love the trend for the flattering lines it creates! I’m adoring this Marley-Lilly monogram tote!
- Cat-eye sunglasses have been a classic for many years but they’re really taking off this season! Inspired by the likes of Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy, these cute sunnies from ASOS are going right in my beach bag!
- Gingham was a huge hit at New York Fashion Week this year and I love it! It’s a classic and can be worn year-round. You can find this bright yellow gingham shirt at J Crew.
- Midi-skirts have been trending for awhile and it looks like they’ll be staying for the spring. It’s the perfect length for the luke-warm temperatures we experience during the spring. I loved this bold blue skirt but I would consider a lighter blue as a more suitable color for the season. You can find it at ASOS.
What’s inspiring you this spring?