Good morning! I’m writing this from a hotel room in Ohio as I make my way across the mid-west heading to Kansas City. Making this big move was nothing short of scary for me as I’m a Maryland-girl at heart, but every so often we all have to go outside of our comfort zones. I’m so glad that I’m stepping outside of mine just in time for Valentine’s Day!
David, my boyfriend, moved to Kansas City last month and now I’m joining him in this new city. It’s our first Valentine’s together and as per social norms I told him that he didn’t need to get me anything. Knowing that this actually means the opposite, he has a surprise for me! Luckily, I’m an easy girl to shop for (at least I think). Men on the other hand, can be a little more difficult! I’ve come up with a list of Valentine’s Day gifts for the man in your life. This should at least steer you in the right direction! Little tip: It doesn’t have to be pink and covered in hearts to be a sweet gift either. Go with what your man likes!
Under Armour Men’s Hoodie / Robert Wayne Men’s Dress Shoes /
Men’s Watch Box / Rawlings Baseball Stitch Card Case /
SMS Audio Over-Ear Storm Trooper Headphones / Vineyard Vines Men’s Hat /
Uniqlo Men’s Belt / Kiel James Patrick Fisherman Bracelet /
Prospector Co. Burrough’s Shaving Cream / Wine Bottle Opener /
Team Snape White Coffee Cup / Mast Brothers Chocolate Coffee Chocolate Bar /
Stainless Steel Coffee Press
Hopefully some of these suggestions will bode well with your man! If anything, making him a nice dinner or just doing something he really enjoys can be a great gift as well. Leave a comment with gift ideas you have!
Fourth of July is this weekend and I couldn’t be more excited! I love this holiday for many reasons and one of them is sporting red, white, and blue in style! I love the way Americans celebrate their freedom. It’s a beautiful expression of who we are and that there are some traditions that won’t change.
I still haven’t decided what I’m wearing or even what my official plans are. I have many ideas floating around in my head but they all have one thing in common: bug spray! I get eaten alive every year. I also might attempt to make strawberry shortcake with some blueberries for added color, but don’t count on it.
I’ll take a selfie to share with you on my Instagram when I figure out what my Fourth of July style will include. For now, enjoy my inspiration!
1 Ι 2 Ι 3 Ι 4 Ι 5 Ι 6 Ι 7 Ι 8 Ι 9
Since Valentine’s Day is next Saturday, I thought now would be the perfect time to give you all some ideas for what to get the man in your life. I promise I’m not blindly going into this without any idea on what men might actually want. I consulted my trusted advisor (and cousin), Drew. He shared with me a few things guys might actually enjoy getting. Here are my results.
- Basic belt- I took the liberty of running with the belt idea and put a nautical twist to it. This leather and cord belt can be found at Orvis.
- Cell phone case- People are clumsy, men are clumsier. Get him a phone case to protect from all the dropping and scratching his phone receives.
- Boxers- Ok, I confess, I added this one in. My cousin never mentioned these. However, people like feeling comfy in their undergarments/lounge clothes and these look way comfier than briefs. My favorite prints (like the ones pictured) can be found at Abercrombie.
- Shave kit- If you want a clean-shaven man, then make sure he has the good stuff to shave with.
- Coffee mug- Aren’t I clever with this one? Not really, but I still love it. He may find it too sweet to bring in the office, but your Sunday morning coffee time will finally have the perfect mug.
- Leather wrap bracelet- Bracelets aren’t just for women, men can make them look just as good. This leather wrap from Kiel James Patrick is great for the boy who grew up on the coast.
- North Face Jacket- For the guy who loves the outdoors, a great fleece North Face might be the perfect gift. Certain times of the year Dick’s Sporting Goods puts them on sale!
- Quality headphones- Target has a few different kinds on sale right now especially for Valentine’s day but these were my favorite. Everyone has earbuds, but not many people invest in quality listening devices.
- Coffee beans- Most men drink coffee and enjoy something of a finer quality than Folger’s coffee. Spoil him with Starbucks beans to make every morning just a little bit better.
- Cologne- I love Burberry Brit for men. That deep, manly, luxurious smell is the best thing in the world to me. Nordstrom usually has a great selection of cologne that varies in price to fit almost any budget. Ralph Lauren also has a great selection to choose from.
Good luck girls! Let me know how your special day goes!