Good morning lovelies! Here’s a little Thursday inspiration to get you through the day! I woke up and was looking at my Pinterest and pinned a few things that inspired me. You can find more on my board “The Working Girl’s Life” if you like what you see. I love my life as a professional woman and am so empowered by it! However, I don’t think being a professional should mean I can’t live with a little color in my life. No matter what position I’ll hold in my lifetime, you’ll still find me rocking pink and sparkles!
Enjoy your day! It’s almost Friday! Keep working hard being all that you were designed to be. The best is yet to come in our beautiful lives. We are tres magnifique!
Yesterday was gorgeous and today is a downpour of rain so I decided to keep a sunny state of mind by browsing the Kate Spade new arrivals section; always a source of inspiration! I loved everything I saw, but the adorable collection of totes and clutches really stole my heart. How does a fashion entity like Kate Spade take elements of a season and turn them into fabulous pieces to swoon over all day? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like it. Here are a few of my favorite bags (a few of which I really might kill for).
I’m hoping to find my way to a mall sometime soon to smell the new fragrance “Walking on Air.” They cleverly turned the bottle design into a cross-body bag for the spring collection. Trés chic if you ask me! I’m also loving the wicker bag trend I’ve been seeing everywhere!
Only a few more days until the official start of spring and I’m rounding up a few pieces I’d like to have in my wardrobe for the season! I’m always inspired by what I see on the runway, however I much prefer the outfits and pieces my fellow style-lovers come up with. Fashion comes and goes, but style is forever. The runway only shows the current side of fashion, but the average person takes the fashion and turns it into style.
What I’m Loving for Spring
- Statement necklaces are still in for this season and I’m happy about it. I’ve invested so much in these pieces and still want some use out of them! Incorporate spring colors in the pieces you choose like this mint and pewter colored Bauble Bar goodie.
- Scallop cut pieces are another spring trend I love. I noticed them last spring but didn’t pay much attention. This year, I love the trend for the flattering lines it creates! I’m adoring this Marley-Lilly monogram tote!
- Cat-eye sunglasses have been a classic for many years but they’re really taking off this season! Inspired by the likes of Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy, these cute sunnies from ASOS are going right in my beach bag!
- Gingham was a huge hit at New York Fashion Week this year and I love it! It’s a classic and can be worn year-round. You can find this bright yellow gingham shirt at J Crew.
- Midi-skirts have been trending for awhile and it looks like they’ll be staying for the spring. It’s the perfect length for the luke-warm temperatures we experience during the spring. I loved this bold blue skirt but I would consider a lighter blue as a more suitable color for the season. You can find it at ASOS.
What’s inspiring you this spring?
Here’s a little Sunday inspiration for you! Whether you’re going out or staying in, a dusting of gold can add so much to your day. I’ve been feeling a “blah” here lately (the weather is never what I’d like it to be) and find that living life with as much color as possible really boosts my mood. Singing “the sun will come out tomorrow” is also a nice reminder that sometimes we will have bad days and even bad weeks, but there’s always something to look forward to.
Gold (much like pink), just makes me happy. Its the same color as pixie dust. Every once in awhile we all need just a little bit of it. Enjoy your day and color your world in gold this week! Leave a comment saying what your favorite “happy” color is!