Here’s a little gym/fitness update for those who need inspiring on this lovely Tuesday! Since I’ve started going to the gym regularly, I’ve had a lot more energy and I’ve noticed an increased sense of satisfaction with my life. I go for about 90 minutes 4 days a week and really try to work my arms, legs, and stomach the hardest. I’ve lost about 5lbs. since the first time I weighed in. I increasingly see toning and definition in my body that wasn’t there before. On top of this, I’ve met some really great people in my gym that make it worth going to.
I try to switch up my routine fairly often to give my body a challenge but there are 5 exercises I always do that have really helped me tone my muscles!
- Seated Row– My arms are always killing me by the end of this. I do about 3 sets of 25 reps.
- Hip Abduction- Some people love this and others think it doesn’t do much for you. Personally, I love it. My thighs are always burning for about a day after the initial exercise. I do 3 sets of 30 reps.
- Hamstring Curl– This exercise is so great for the muscle the runs from the back of your knees up to the area right underneath of your butt. I’ve noticed that it’s helping lift my butt (or lack thereof) and making it look firmer. I do about 2 sets of 20 reps.
- Bench Press- It’s pretty basic but there’s a reason it works! I don’t bench much trust me, but the little bit I do has really firmed my upper arms and chest area. I do 2 sets of 10 reps.
- Incline Walking- I’m not a great runner so I’ve found that jumping on the treadmill and turning up the incline is a great compromise to all the running people do around me. I do a fast-paced walk at an incline for about 20 minutes to get my blood pumping for the rest of my workout.
Enjoy your time in the gym. I know this is easier said than done. I figure the time I spend suffering now will be well worth the great beach body I have later!
Exciting news! I’m back in the gym after a 4 month hiatus! As my graduation gift, my parents bought me a membership to the gym for a few months. I couldn’t be happier about this as I really needed an outlet to release my stress in. What better place than the gym? Not only do you get a great workout, you’re also entertained! Watching a bunch of muscular guys lift weights totally distracts from the pain you feel doing squats. I really don’t know why women hate the gym!
Seriously though, after going a few times and getting the feel for things, I’ve come up with a list of gym gear I want. For my own reassurance, I went into Dick’s Sporting Goods to make sure everything I like comes in a pretty color. It does! That store always makes me want to be the sporty girl that I’m not!
Even when I workout I stay true to myself and my style! I love pink and wouldn’t dream of exercising in boring colors. The gym should be a place where I feel the best about myself because I’m doing something really great for my body. I’m one of those girls who does where make up to the gym (no foundation because it clogs your pores when your skin is trying to sweat). I want to feel pretty and confident!
My gym lust list right now consists of a North Face jacket, hand grips, tank top, supportive bra, and compression pants. I’ve always wanted a North Face fleece jacket and it can be really nice to have when you first get in the gym and haven’t warmed up. I’m finding that the gloves are necessary if you’re going to do any weight lifting. I blistered my hands lifting the other day.
As far as that tank top goes, I just love the saying on the front. “Fear less, sweat more” is half of what you need to do in the gym! The Addidas sports bra on my lust list will allow you to do it without fear of coming out of your bra because it’s a lot more supportive than others I’ve seen.
My final lust list item are those great Under Armor compression pants. I’ve seen so many girls wearing them and I’m about to get on board the bandwagon. Before I jump completely on though, I’d like to firm my thighs a bit. No jiggling allowed!
Let me know what products you love for the gym in a comment below!