As the temperatures start to warm up, I’m relearning the value ice-cold water has in my life. I adore the refreshing feeling it gives my body when I’ve been outside for a few hours in the sun. More than anything, I love to “dress” my water in something visually appealing!
I first had fruit-infused water at a spa in Disney World. They had a pitcher of cucumber melon water chilling by the snack bar for guests to enjoy. I never thought I could really enjoy and be satisfied by water alone but I was proven wrong! Adding fruit to something basic really makes it better.
This spring and summer I’ll be drinking a lot of this! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Water pitcher (or a large water bottle if you need it on the go)
- Cute drinking straws (for a festive look)
These four fruits are the easiest to combine if the need arises. I also suggest when hosting a party creating a “water bar” for healthier guests. Before the party starts, chill glasses in the freezer to give them a frosted look and then take them out when your guests arrive. Garnish with an orange wedge.
Enjoy your water!
Good morning lovelies! I’m super excited to share with you (and for you to share with the man in your life) my favorite gifts for Valentine’s Day! The traditional chocolates and roses are my favorite out of everything I mention in this blog post, but for those of us who like to be spoiled I came up with a few items and even a little graphic so you can share it on your Facebook wall and tag a certain someone in it!
Gentlemen, please turn your attention to me as I walk you through everything. I promise that you’ll be safe if you use my guidance and suggestions. I realize (and so will you sooner or later) that some of this stuff is just too expensive to buy, which is why you must understand that these are suggestions and by no means the only way to make a girl happy. However, if you want to blow her expectations out of the water, you might consider a few of my ideas!
- Miss Dior Perfume- Seriously, what girl wouldn’t love perfume like this on the most romantic day of the year? Gents, you can find this perfume at Nordstrom’s and also Sephora. I’d suggest places like Amazon.com but for quality assurance, go to a department store.
- Jo Malone candle- Candles are romantic and cozy. Girls love romantic and cozy! Jo Malone candles are packaged pretty and smell divine! Saks 5th Avenue has a whole selection online. If this is a bit out of your price range, try a Bath & Body Works candle!
- Kate Spade Wallet- If your lady is like me, she’s in love with Kate Spade! While getting her a bag may be a little over-the-top, a wallet could be just the ticket! This is my favorite wallet they have in stock. You can’t go wrong with it.
- Pink Roses- Red roses are lovely, but pink seems so much more youthful!
- Coffee Mug- For the young professional woman, coffee is her lifeline. This adorable mug will remind her she’s beautiful everyday.
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries- Whether you make them yourself or buy them from Godiva, this is much better twist on the traditional box of chocolates (and it tastes better too!) As much as our moms enjoyed the box of Russell Stover goodies, we like something a little different.
- Champagne- This goes so well with those strawberries I mentioned! Don’t forget the champagne flutes! Pop fizz clink!
My last suggestion to you men is regardless of what you give her or do for her, write her a letter. Not a text or an email, an actual letter. It doesn’t have to be ridiculously sappy or dramatic, it only needs to be filled with the things you appreciate about her. List them, bullet point them, whatever you do just write what’s on your heart!
I so enjoy my Sundays maybe even more than my Saturdays. This weekend was no different. My good friend and I decided that we were getting a bit too pale and that we needed some time in the sun. We live about four hours from a real beach (as the bird flies its only an hour or so but water and lack of bridges ruins it). As many people do in our town, we found our own “beach” on the shores of the Patuxent River. Believe it or not, it was quite relaxing and enjoyable. Their was a light breeze, boats going by, kids in the water, and good music playing. The only thing missing was a Pina Colada!
I’m also sporting a new swimsuit! This one I found for $30 at a TJ Maxx! Its really flattering because in the front on the bottoms it looks like its a wrap style! Also the top has wiring on the sides for support and prettiness! It’s an Australian company named Seafolly that created the suit (normally upwards of $150!)
What was your weekend like? Comment below if you did anything fun!
P.S. Got frozen yogurt from a little place called Sweet Frog! Strawberry cheesecake and pineapple coconut flavor with some granola and walnuts on top! So good!