Only a few more days until the official start of spring and I’m rounding up a few pieces I’d like to have in my wardrobe for the season! I’m always inspired by what I see on the runway, however I much prefer the outfits and pieces my fellow style-lovers come up with. Fashion comes and goes, but style is forever. The runway only shows the current side of fashion, but the average person takes the fashion and turns it into style.
What I’m Loving for Spring
- Statement necklaces are still in for this season and I’m happy about it. I’ve invested so much in these pieces and still want some use out of them! Incorporate spring colors in the pieces you choose like this mint and pewter colored Bauble Bar goodie.
- Scallop cut pieces are another spring trend I love. I noticed them last spring but didn’t pay much attention. This year, I love the trend for the flattering lines it creates! I’m adoring this Marley-Lilly monogram tote!
- Cat-eye sunglasses have been a classic for many years but they’re really taking off this season! Inspired by the likes of Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy, these cute sunnies from ASOS are going right in my beach bag!
- Gingham was a huge hit at New York Fashion Week this year and I love it! It’s a classic and can be worn year-round. You can find this bright yellow gingham shirt at J Crew.
- Midi-skirts have been trending for awhile and it looks like they’ll be staying for the spring. It’s the perfect length for the luke-warm temperatures we experience during the spring. I loved this bold blue skirt but I would consider a lighter blue as a more suitable color for the season. You can find it at ASOS.
What’s inspiring you this spring?