Let me start out by saying that I’m so glad that some people got to take advantage of the Nordstrom Anniversary sale! Quite a few bloggers I know look forward to it every year and blog about their sale finds later. I’m completely living through them right now! However, when I remembered the sale was going to start soon I made a decision right there and then not to shop the sale for two reasons.
The first reason is that I’m trying to watch my spending. Impulse purchases are by far my biggest issue when it comes to shopping a sale. The very word ‘sale’ invokes a crazy mental response from me that says no matter what, if it’s on sale I have to have it, even if I don’t need it. A bank account can’t sustain that kind of thinking for long. Semi-annual sales are the worst for me because 75% off is something I find almost impossible to pass up.
When I was a young teenager, the Bath and Body Works semi-annual was what I lived for! If there was any body wash, perfume, or candle on sale I had to buy it even though I had plenty. I would get in the car with my mom and she would say “how much more smelly stuff do you need?!” I would just look at her like she’s crazy for not taking advantage of the prices, but it turns out she had point.
The second reason is more of a personal philosophy. I have thousands of dollars in student loans to repay and therefore have no business buying shoes that are on sale for $150 as opposed to $300. For the serious fashion-minded gal, paying $150 for shoes is a no brainer. For someone a little more thrifty, I can’t do it! Someday when all of my debts have been paid and I have money in my savings account, I might join you at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Right now, I’ll just sit back and live through you!
Good morning beauties! I love having something happy to wake up to in the morning and if it isn’t coffee, then it has to be a sale! On my Facebook feed earlier, I saw a link to a surprise Kate Spade sale with 75% off everything. I was giddy with excitement! Since many young, 20-somethings have to be budget conscious, these are the sales we live for. Go check out the sale and leave a comment with your favorite items!
The first thing that caught my eye was that adorable hot air balloon tote bag! I really love that they have so many little accessories that feature the cute little balloons. It’s whimsical but still mature enough for the young professional. The coin purse and earrings that match are darling too!
Can we also talk about that fabulous pink coat with the matching luggage? I saw the coat last year when it first came out and it was over $700! I tried it on just for kicks and just fell in love with how cute it was. The sales associate was probably laughing inside knowing I couldn’t afford it. It’s on sale for $250 now and is tempting me. Fortunately my bank account always reminds me of what I’m allowed to be tempted by.
A more practical thing to buy among my favorites featured above is that beautiful taupe bag! Every girl should have a quality neutral colored purse like that. It goes with everything and works all year round. Is it nice to have expensive seasonal bags? Sure is, but sometimes it just doesn’t match the budget we have. This purse will last for years and create great outfits time and again!
Hopefully you get to splurge on a little something from the sale! Most of their jewelry is $20 like the earrings and bracelet above. See my previous post on budget friendly splurge items at Nordstrom!
Good morning everyone! Here’s hoping your day is full of sunshine and smiles! I’ve been working harder lately to see the silver lining in everything and force myself to smile even when I don’t feel like it. It helps to be around people that radiate positivity and encouragement as opposed to pessimism (I bring enough of that to the table sometimes.) The last few weeks have been stressful and full of transition. Everyone has their own way of coping with difficult periods and unfortunately mine is spending money… and coloring in adult coloring books, but that’s another story.
Nordstrom on a Budget
In an effort to control my purse strings and save myself from financial ruin, I’ve opted to enjoy window shopping and pretend like I don’t have any money to spend, which isn’t too far from the truth! However, I realize that every once in a while we all deserve a little splurge item to enjoy. I scoured the Nordstrom website for the best “treat yourself” items that won’t break the bank. Shop a few of my favorites under $30 below!
Good morning lovelies! Today, I wanted to share with you a great find from DSW! The famous Valentino “Rockstud” heels are all over the blogging and fashion world for obvious reasons. Hello, they’re gorgeous! However, these beauties go for between $900 and $1200 a pair. Given mine and the average person’s budget, we would rather put that money towards normal things like paying down student loans or even the credit card. Rest assured, there is a marvelous dupe on the market of these gorgeous heels (and for much less).
You’ve Been Duped
BCBGeneration came out with a beautiful pair of “Rockstud” heels to compete with the Valentino pair. The best part is that DSW has them for about $70 and they come in several colors! The base color of the shoe is nude with gold studs but you can choose from red, pink, navy blue, black, white, and you guessed it, nude, as your accent color. Personally, I’d be going after those red ones because I have a collection of nude heels to rival Kate Middleton’s!
Knowing your budget and not exceeding it is so important for the money-conscious individual. Most of my favorite fashion bloggers have worn and promoted the Valentino version and make it seem like a “staple” in every woman’s wardrobe. It’s a great shoe but far from a staple. Remembering that these ladies are making money from doing promoted posts and getting free shoes at the same time allows me to realize that not having $1000 shoes in my closet is ok and, gasp, normal. Sure, I’d love to have them! We all would. However, until the time comes when I can safely afford them and not have to worry about paying them off, I’ll settle for the BCBG version. Frankly, I’m ok with that because I’m #blessed already.
In my never ending conquest to find good deals on things I love, places like TJ Maxx have caught my attention and of course, my wallet. I’ve found a ridiculous amount of good stuff at these stores that I would have otherwise bought at Target for twice the price. While I am a Target snob, there are some things I just refuse to pay so much money for. I guess you could say I’m a Target snob on a Walmart budget. Believe me, I hate it too. So here’s 7 things that you can find at TJ Maxx for a portion of the regular price.
- Makeup remover– I don’t put a lot of soaps and cleansers on my face because it breaks me out. Instead, I use makeup remover towelettes. I used to buy them at Target for around $5 for 40 of them. I recently found that I can buy a supply of 90 for between $4 and $5.
- Nail polish– I love nail polish a little too much. Every time my mom turns around I have a new color on and I’m trying to convince her to let me do her nails. I was waiting in the checkout line one day and noticed a bunch of Essie and OPI polishes sitting on a little rack. It just so happened that instead of paying retail prices of $8.99 these were $3.99!
- Snack foods– Last week I found a bag of Boom Chicka Pop for $2.99. At Target they retail for around $5. You can also find things like organic potato chips, granola, dried fruit, coffee, biscotti, and even spices for low prices.
- Coffee mugs– Anyone who knows me realizes that I have a slight obsession with cute coffee mugs. I live for them. Most of my coffee mugs have come from TJ Maxx and were under $4. I’ve also found great travel mugs and these amazing food containers called Sistema for half the retail price.
- Kitchen gadgets– Have you ever found an avocado container? I did and it was really cool! I browse the kitchen aisle like there’s no tomorrow. I never buy anything because this girl can’t cook. However, if you’re looking to stock your new kitchen you’ll more than likely find everything you could want here.
- Gift bags– I refuse to pay $3.99 for a stupid gift bag. That could have been a Starbucks coffee for me. TJ Maxx usually has a lot of gift bags to choose from for almost every occasion at a much lower price. There are some days that I’m tempted to buy a bag just because it’s cute to look at.
- Notecards– Stationary has always been something I liked to stockpile. Not only does it make for adorable letters to send, it also looks great for Instagram photos. Don’t I just think ahead?
Tell me what your best TJ Maxx find was in a comment! I’m excited to hear!