The dreaded months of January and February are over and we are ready to celebrate the upcoming spring! For some college students, this means spring break in a tropical climate. As a graduating senior in May, I know all too-well how important these little breaks are. I’ve completed all of my coursework and am only waiting on the ceremony for my graduation to become official, so technically I can’t sympathize too much with currently enrolled college folk. However, I’ll try to contribute in another way! Here’s a few spring break essentials for this year…
- Rompers- These are so easy to wear from day to night with the right accessories! The light weight fabric makes it perfect for traveling. Find this romper here.
- Big hat- I love to make a statement with a big sunhat. They look so classy and serve a purpose as well. This one can be found here.
- Neutrogena sunscreen- If you’re like me, you break out from Banana Boat sun block. I’ve found that Neutrogena has a nice line of products to prevent sun damage. The area I pay close attention to with my sunscreen is my face and neck. Too many burns and you’ll be getting wrinkles!
- Colorful wedges- Bring a pair of wedges in a bright color like these red Cole Haan ones. Pick a color (like red) that will match many different things in your travel closet.
- Tote bag- Bring a tote bag that will carry beach and day necessities. Find one in a bold color (like this one from Kate Spade) and pair it with a neutral outfit.
- Bikini- Don’t forget the most important part of your spring break: the swimsuit! Find great bikinis like this one at J Crew!
Enjoy some sun and sand wherever you may be going! Use that sunblock!
Happy new year loves! I realize it’s been a few days since I last wrote anything but my life has been a bit busy recently with all of the holidays coming to a close. I’ve been traveling around a little as well and haven’t had much time to write and my sources of wifi have been limited. I need to learn how to plan a bit better for times like this. I bought a planner for this year and hopefully I’ll actually use it. One of my favorite planners is this Kate Spade one! Anyway, I hope your New Year’s Eve was as exciting as mine was (more to come on that tomorrow!)
In typical new year’s fashion, I’ve made a few resolutions for 2015. Before I get to those, I’d like to share with you a bit about 2014 for me. It was a year of major ups and downs. I can’t put my finger on why it was that way but whatever the cause, I’m hoping 2015 shapes up to be a bit more of an ‘up’ year as opposed to a ‘down’ year. I think we have seasons in our lives though. There are times for growth and prosperity and times for patience and learning. This was a “patience and learning” year for me. My faith in God grew tremendously because I realized I can’t handle everything on my own. I have to trust that everything will turn out ok. Maybe that was what I needed to learn this year?
New Year’s Resolutions
Anyway, my new year’s resolutions involve personal development. There are so many things I need to learn that I simply haven’t had the time to research. Becoming a savvy business lady is no simple feat. All that I’m doing now to line myself up for success seems boring and trivial but eventually it will payoff, so here are my resolutions:
- Lose the Christmas cookie weight and firm up my body
- Make it to the gym 4 times a week
- Learn how to budget carefully
- Purchase domain name and personal website
- Learn how to market outside of WordPress platform
- Create Etsy store
- Read books on CEO success stories
- Learn how to take Instagram-worthy pictures
- Learn a computer code like HTML
Tell me what’s on your list in a comment below!