February is (finally) ending and a lot of people are planning little spring break getaways to the beaches. If you’re lucky enough to be in college and have actual money to blow, or if you just need a break from the chilly winter months, then start packing your bags because spring break season is just around the corner! Whether you’re heading to Cancun or down to South Padre Island here in Texas, these spring break style must-haves need to be in your online shopping cart. Having gone to the beach so much growing up and in college, I’m sharing my top 5 must-haves!
Spring Break Essentials
1. Always, always pack some sort of beach cover up. Never leave your hotel room without it. A lot of restaurants near beaches require a bathing suit cover up be worn in the restaurant. You don’t want to be the only one in your group of friends who can’t get into the yummy Mexican place because you’re wearing a dripping wet bikini.
2. Sunscreen for your body and lips is crucial if you’re under a strong sun and down south, the sun is much more intense. I learned this the hard way. Sun poisoning does a number on your skin let me tell you.
3. Bring a plastic, sealable bag for your wet swimsuit. Quite a few times I’ve been at the beach and decided to change into dry clothes and I had no where to put my swimsuit. My least favorite thing ever is when stuff gets damp that shouldn’t be.
4. Comfy sandals like the ones pictured above are the perfect day to night shoe that requires minimal effort but still looks adorable. If you can only take one pair of shoes, ditch the heels because strappy sandals are even better!
5. Don’t forget your pool floatie! I admit, this isn’t a must-have technically. However, for the days that you rather just float in the pool with friends and listen to the poolside DJ, then you need a fabulous pineapple pool float. Flamingo pool floats are also a great option.
Enjoy your spring break! I’ll be staying in Dallas for spring break season but I’m there on the beach with you in spirit! Also, newbie bloggers check out my consulting page if you need free consulting for your blog!