Saturdays are the best for grabbing brunch, doing a little shopping, and hitting up local outdoor events! The temperatures are cooling down slightly so I’m embracing the boyfriend jean and gladiator sandals for the time being. I’m also loving this coral top! Isn’t it cute?
I absolutely love summer days spent outside enjoying the sunshine with my family. Sometimes we’ll be doing yard work and our cats will come outside and run up and down trees “showing off” their mighty strength to us. We pretend to be impressed.
Today, I’m going to enjoy the farmer’s market in my town that’s held during the summer at an old plantation home. It’s a quaint little event that brings the community together to appreciate a beautiful property and locally grown fruits and veggies.
I was thinking about fun things you can do this time of year that are low cost but still provide some source of entertainment. Contrary to what you see on Instagram, most fashion/lifestyle bloggers aren’t jet setting to a new destination every weekend because we’re normal people and can’t afford that lavish lifestyle. I’ve rounded up 5 things to do during the summer that are inexpensive.
- Go to yard sales– Yard sales can be so much fun if you hit the good ones! My mom and I went thrift store hunting and then to a yard sale looking for little goodies. We found some really neat stuff and even found out that there was an estate sale going on down the road. The estate ended up being huge and well worth our time just to look at the beautiful furniture and antiques being sold.
- Have a potluck– I hate using the word “potluck” because sometimes whatever is in the pot isn’t going to make me feel so lucky. I’ve been to enough church luncheons to know this is the truth. Nonetheless, invite friends over for an afternoon of eating and socializing.
- Enjoy the farmer’s market– Similar to what I’m doing today, find out where your local market is and spend a Saturday morning browsing. Hint to my other bloggers: these events make great backdrops for taking pictures of your outfit!
- Local concerts– Some towns have invested in the arts more than others, but in my town they have an annual concert series throughout the summer that’s free to attend. Find out if your town does something like this!
- Tour the historical sites– Believe it or not you can actually learn a thing or two about the place you call home if you’re willing to. Living on the east coast, we have many places locally to discover. Depending on the location you choose and season you do it in, it can be free or very inexpensive.
What do you do for entertainment during the warm summer months? Leave me a comment!
4 thoughts on “Inexpensive Ways to Enjoy the Weekend”
Love that bag
Great ideas– some of my favorite summer time things to do– thanks for the reminder to squeeze the fun out of the end of summer!
Aaw so in love with this bag! xx Carmen
Thanks Carmen! So am I!
LikeLiked by 1 person